ColtBoy Tube allows you to convert your youtube channel into a full native iPhone app without a single line of code.
You can then send your app to the AppStore and make more money with iAd and AdMob, send push notifications or just offer a better service to your subscribers !
It is compatible with iOS 8.0 and above and runs on iPhone 3GS / 4 / 4S / 5 / 6 / 6 plus and iPod Touch 4th and 5th generation
Requirements to open the project : OS X 10.7.4 or later
ColtBoy Tube Features v1.2
For more informations on the way ColtBoy Tube works you can check our online documentation
- Videos : Display your videos chronologically. ColtBoy Tube is automatically taking care of the youtube linking process for you. Now your videos are presented in a clean way, optimized for mobile users. ColtBoy Tube also include a search feature to be sure that all your videos can be find every time !
- Favorites : Sometimes your subscribers want to watch a video multiple times, they can add videos to their favorite to find them instantly.
Moreover they can share each video on Facebook and Twitter easily because ColtBoy Tube uses the native iOS framework to broadcast your content.
- Social : In this part of the app your subscribers can access all your social links like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and a lot more.
You can even set an email address where they can contact you directly.
More social, more share, more views !
- Push notifications : you can send push notifications to your youtubers with Parse’s push notification service.
- Multiple users : you can add multiple youtube users in your app.
- Playlist : you can watch user playlists.
- Languages : English and French already included but you can add any language and modify all the labels. Give your users an app they can easily interact with.
- Easy configuration : you don’t have experience with code or Objective C ? Great because you don’t need any programming skill to configure ColtBoy Tube.
- Clean code : if you are more advanced you can easily edit and change ColtBoy Tube code. We made it clean.
Support and documentation : ColtBoy Tube comes with a complete tutorial from your first experience with Xcode to the AppStore submission. Our team is providing support under 24 hours to help you get the work done.
Here is our support forum : http://coltboy.com/support/index.php
ColtBoy Tube uses youtube API version 2 and not the last version 3, so you need to change the file APIs.m by yourself.
WHAT DO I NEED TO SUBMIT THE APP TO THE APPSTORE ? DO YOU PROVIDE ANY HELP TO SUBMIT THE APP TO THE APPSTORE REVIEW ?
You will need a paid iOS Developer Account. We have created a step by step tutorial to submit the app to the AppStore.
I DON’T HAVE ANY IOS DEVICE. HOW CAN I TEST THE APP?
Xcode comes with the iPhone simulator and it allows you to build the app and interact with it like a real device.
CAN I ADD MORE THAN ONE YOUTUBE USER ID TO THE APP ?
CAN I ADD iAd TO MAKE MORE MONEY ?
Yes, you just have to follow the tutorial and change the line config_iad “NO” to config_iad “YES” in the Config.h file
IS IT CODED WITH XIBS OR STORYBOARDS ?
MY VIDEOS DON’T APPEAR OR DON’T LOAD, WHAT HAPPENS ?
Only videos allowing autoplay, embed and mobile use are compatible with ColtBoy Tube. If not it won’t appear.
CAN I REDIRECT TO YOUTUBE MOBILE INSTEAD OF AUTOPLAY ?
Yes, put YES in the key #define config_youtube_redirection @”YES” in the “Config.h” file.